Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Tips To Keep Eating Better! By Raymond Tyler

I used to only treat myself to tuna steak about twice a year.
Now I plan to have it at least once a month.

5 Quick Tips On Continuing To Eat Right/Better

As I said earlier and several times on the radio, I would not have lost any weight or bought into the Train Studios program if all I could eat was stuff that taste like card board and drink water.

I love food.

However, in making my lifestyle change Mc Donald’s could no longer be a part of my every day, every week food pyramid. Neither could pizza and a lot of other foods that I know now had been destroying my health.

On the day I am writing this it has been one month and 25 lbs since I had a soda.
Working out every day and not eating bread, or pasta, or dessert is not easy but when I consider how much better I feel, it is easy enough.

Still, I understand that some of you may be struggling with food so here are my tips on how I stay on course through this new life style.

·         Eat. Don’t Diet. Don’t Deny Yourself.

On my current “food schedule” I eat 6 meals a day. Now my meals contain very little sugar (mostly from stuff like ketchup or barbecue sauce.) My meals contain no bread products or starch. So every 3 hours I have fish, chicken, or steak along with something green. So because I am always eating I am a) rarely hungry and b) not snacking between meals.

·         Diversify Meals.

Remember me? The “I Love Food Guy?” Well the hardest part about how I eat now is having a wide enough variety of food. On the upside, I have added steak back to my current menu (at least until I hit my goal weight.) On the downside I have the hardest time keeping fish, chicken, turkey and the little beef I allow myself interesting. One thing I do is use Hesh and the staff at Train as a life line and we when ever I have questions, cravings, concerns about keeping the menu fresh they are only a cell phone away. Plus they do provide several easy to prepare recipes at www.TrainStudios.com. Now I myself do not eat pork or shrimp but if you do enjoy.
I have also used this new lifestyle as a way to treat myself to dishes I may have only had once or twice a year like tuna steak.

·         Drink Water

Drinking water period just does wonders for the body. The professionals at Tran suggest 2 gallons over a days time. I will say that drinking water is a key part of helping your whole body reset. Drinking water also calms the cravings for between meal snacking and also calms the craving to over eat. Many times when you don’t drink enough water your mind will think you are hungry when actually you just have not drank enough water.

·         Eat Better When You Can’t Eat Right.

I ordered an oven roasted chicken sandwich from Sub Way. As I said I am not currently eating any bread. The roll smelled so good I almost licked it before I threw it away. When I get down to my goal weight. If I have to have that same sandwich. I can cut the top half off. Or only take a bite or two from the bread. Very few of us eat 100% right all the time.

When I knew Super Bowl Sunday was coming, I talked to Hesh at Train because I knew there would The Super Bowl would not be super for Raymond without chicken wings. Here’s how we handled it.

  1. Called ahead to try and get in a order for grilled wings.
  2. For one day I allowed myself to have the “sticky sauce” and not worry about what was in it.
  3. Remembered all the hard work I already but in so before I even put this plan in motion decided I would have an enjoyable amount of wings but not  SUPER BOWLS full.

    • The Plan is The Most Important Thing

Planning is everything. If your plan is to just block food out of your mind, I don’t think it will work. For me I am always thinking about food and how I am going to make my meals better, healthier, tastier more enjoyable. I can’t block food out of your mind all day and then show up at an office party and think I am not going to have something on my “food no fly list.” When I know I have a party or a restaurant appearance I plan a head, so that when I get there I know what I am going to eat and drink. Again if you are going out with friends from the job. Call ahead and see what they have that would be good for you.

 I hope these tips help. If you are in good shape, keep up the positive lifestyle.  Please consider Train to help you stay that way or even improve your shape.

If you are not in the best of shape, make that change today. YOU CAN DO IT!
Train Studios can definitely help.

Again. Anyone who goes to Train Studios and mentions that they have heard about Train on Raymond Tyler’s show or read my blog will receive a discount rate of $99 per month for UNLIMITED Personal Training Sessions! Keep listening and reading for free offers that come up!






           



No comments:

Post a Comment