Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Night 2012

Oscar night. This is the Super Bowl for movie fans. I grew up in a household that revered films, Hollywood, and movie stars. I'm not talking celebrities - I'm talking movie STARS. Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Bette Davis. Golden oldies. Today's talent - Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Clint Eastwood (more as a director), Glenn Close, Colin Firth, Kate Winslet, and more. An excellent movie can transport, entertain, and enlighten.



I am the film critic for The Little Paper of San Saba - a town without a cinema. Thanks to Cecil Cherico for creating my press pass.





My Oscar ballot (courtesy of Entertainment Weekly) is filled out and ready for tonight. I think The Artist shall win big. I'm hoping for George Clooney as Best Actor for The Descendants and Viola Davis as Best Actress for The Help. As I reviewed the nominees, I can say it's been a good year at the movies with worthy contenders. Hooray for Hollywood!

No comments:

Post a Comment