Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mailbox Monday for 2/20/12


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books and is being hosted all this month by Metroreader.





I know I'm a glutton for punishment, but sometimes I just can't help myself.  After reading my first Maise Dobbs book last year, when I was given the opportunity to read more for an upcoming TLC Book Tour, I jumped at the chance.  I wish I could have reviewed all of them, but I'm not that good.  So instead I went with the first two and the last two.  So I got trade paperbacks of Maise Dobbs, Birds of a Feather, and A Lesson in Secrets by Jacqueline Winspear.  I also received an ARC of Elegy for Eddie by her as well.



The last time I was in Barnes & Noble I decided to order two books that they didn't have in stock, well they came in last week and I was able to pick them up.  I wanted The Woman in Black by Susan Hill, but didn't want the movie tie-in cover, so I got this trade paperback instead.  When I reviewed The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins, I couldn't find a picture of the cover I had on my edition, so I used this one instead.  I just assumed it wasn't available but when I was looking on line a few weeks ago, I found it.  So I ordered it, and the fact that it's a hardcover is just a bonus.


I was perusing a used music store looking for Whitney Houston's Greatest Hits and was disappointed when the didn't have it.  I looked through their clearance section, 3 for a $1, and found one CD that I wanted.  So I picked up Testify by M People for thirty-three cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment