Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rest In Peace...David Peaston


One of the most unique and under rated voices I ever heard.

He came on the scene via Show Time at The Apollo and broke records ...no make that SMASHED The Amateur Night At The Apollo record for wins.

This record became a success but what hurt him long term may have been coming on the scene after Luther Vandross and before Ruben Studdard.

I was never sure.

I only know that he is one of a  host of name of voices like Sam Harris and James Ingram who I could pull out a hat, that have incredible vocal talent...but never get their credit.

Still David Peaston had more shine than some ever get.
And he has my thanks for the times I have spent with very pretty women dancing to this in the dark.

When ever I asked CAN I? With David Peaston playing...the response was always YES.


David Peaston was 54.



No comments:

Post a Comment