Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Hot birding action

I wanted to go birding early this morning but I ended up sleeping in after a rather sleepless night. I went later after breakfast, so it was a little hot--the sun is so bright here and hot.

I didn't see a whole lot of birds, BUT I did see a lifer! Western Bluebird! I didn't get a photo, however. Still---that's 214! I may not have a job or any income, but I'm getting lifers all the time!

Anyway, I did get a few shots of some birds:Though this pic doesn't look like it, I think it's a Red-tailed Hawk. I could see the sun shining red though his tail feathers. Here's another pic:
Is this a RTHA?

I saw bunches of Steller's Jays; they're really loud:

I also saw some Bushtits:

and I saw these guys in what was a funny-captioned photo:

On my way home, I saw this horrific little sight:I'm guessing that's a bat. But what happened to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment