Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Favorite Fictional Character --- Eeyore


I'm rather ashamed of myself for not blogging about my love for this wonderfully depressed and melancholy donkey before.

Eeyore has been my favorite Disney character for as long as I can remember. He is so adorably sad all the time that you can't help but fall in love with him the moment you meet him.

Being the most popular pessimist in the world can't be a easy task but he manages to do it with style and grace. Whenever I'm feeling sad or blue I just think to myself how Eeyore would act in the situation and it cheers me right up.

The sad thing is that as a 33 year old man I own 2 coffee mugs, a couple of Christmas ornaments, more than a few stuffed animals, and 2 little figurines. The hard thing is to find non-feminized versions of Eeyore. For some reason he is the only male character that Disney tends to make girly. I even own him dressed in a tutu as the Sugar Plum Fairy. One of these days Disney will realize that Eeyore is a man's man and will treat him as such.

As Eeyore would say if he were here "Thanks for noticing. Nobody ever does."

No comments:

Post a Comment