Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Michelle's Favorite Fictional Character --- Ebenezer Scrooge


I'm pleased to telll you that the one of my favorite people of all time is here to let you know one of her favorite Christmas characters of all time.  Michelle of The True Book Addict and my favorite Christmas blog, The Christmas Spirit, is one of my best blogger friends, one I could never do without.  She is a generous, giving individual and I feel blessed by knowing her.  If you are not familiar with either blog, I would entreat you to go say hi and stay around for a while.  Right now she is celebrating Christmas in July and this post will link you to all that she is doing to celebrate the fact that Christmas is almost here.


I was so pleased that Ryan asked me to guest post for his Favorite Fictional Character feature today.  In honor of Christmas in July and the month long event I have going on at my Christmas blog, The Christmas Spirit, I give you....Scrooge

Ahhh Scrooge...how I love thee.  You may ask how I can love such a miserable curmudgeon.  Well, I love him in the beginning when he is completely obnoxious and mean because it makes his complete transformation at the end all the more wonderful...the total contrast of it.  The character of Scrooge shows us that there is hope.  That even the most horrible of persons can change.  When any of us starts feeling bad about ourselves...that we have done something wrong or we may not have been as kind as we could have... we should remember Scrooge and take comfort in the fact that if it's possible for Scrooge, one of the most despicable characters ever written, to become a good person than it is, in fact, possible for us.

A few of my favorite Scrooges from film and television:


Scrooge (1970) -- Albert Finney


A Christmas Carol (1951) -- Alastair Sim 


A Christmas Carol (1999) -- Patrick Stewart

Of course, these are not the only Scrooges over the years, but they are my favorites!

Thanks again to Ryan for having me today.  If you're up for some Christmas in July fun, stop over at The Christmas Spirit and join in the festivities.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment