Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Melissa's Favorite Fictional Character --- Eliza Braun


I'm happy to say one of my oldest online friends, originally from the Barnes & Noble Book Club forums is here today to present a new Favorite Fictional Character.  Melissa of My World...In Words and Pages was one of the first people I got to know on the forum and we got to know each other even better on twitter.  When she started her own blog, I'm almost positive I was one of her first 5 followers.  She is a brilliant blogger and writer who never fails to amaze me with her talent.  She is so good at reviewing epic fantasy, an area I lack in, that I know I'll never be able to duplicate.  For those of you who don't know her, please feel free to go over and say hi.  I'm sure she won't mind.


This week I am picking a woman form a new read I read not so long ago.  She is a New Zealand woman that is very positive about herself.  Yes, I'm talking about Agent Eliza Braun from A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences: Phoenix Rising.  We also get to hear a little more on her in the Tales From the Archives pod casts.

Oh, and Eliza likes things that go boom.  And I'm not talking just firecrackers.  Nope, I'm talking dynamite!  Her favorite thing to use when in a bind is dynamite, as it makes it all go away.  And she is very handy with guns.  She always has some weapon stowed away on her at all times, no matter if she is dressed for the opera or off to work in the dreaded basement of the Archives and wanting to be out in the field once again.

Her humor is fun when you pair her up with Agent Wellington Books, the Archivist in the Ministries Archives.  They are completely opposite characters and Eliza makes him shine nicely, Eliza just seems like fun with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment