Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong


I have been a big fan of Kelley Armstrong's writing since I first read Bitten over 5 years ago. She was pretty much the first Urban Fantasy/Paranormal author I read and I have been hooked every since. So when I discovered her first YA book I always meant to grab it but for some reason never did.

I finally picked it up a a few weeks ago, started reading it two days ago, and finished it last night. I'm so glad I finally got around to reading it. While it's not as strong as her adult Women of the Otherworld books this YA series is a nice addition to the universe and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

The main character is a teenage girl named Chloe and while I don't connect with her the way I do with Elena or Paige, I still found her a strong, independent young lady dealing with changes in her life she never dreamed of. How can anyone be expected to deal with seeing ghosts, raising the dead, finding new "supernatural" friends, and being betrayed by those closest to you? Somehow she manages to do it with strength that is admirable. I can't wait to read the 2nd and 3rd books to see what happens next.

Synopsis From Back Cover:

She sees dead people--and they see her.

Chloe Saunders used to have a pretty normal life. But that changed on the day she met her first ghost. Locked up in Lyle House, a group home for troubled teens, she finds our that there's more to the home's teen residents than meets the eye. Will Chloe be able to uncover the dangerous secrets of Lyle House...or will it's skeletons come back to haunt her?

No comments:

Post a Comment