Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

2 Movie Posters for 1 Movie


One of my favorite movies to watch during the month of October is the 1963 version of "The Haunting", based off of Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House. I find this version to be scarier than the remake with Catherine Zeta Jones. I'm not sure if it's because it's in black and white, the fact the acting is better, or the brilliant way in which it's filmed (slightly off and at odd angles).

So here is the question I have. Which movie poster do you like better?



This is one of the original movie posters from 1963. It's stark and has that feeling of horror about it but I'm distracted by the words on the top.



This is a new poster, for the same version of the movie, from 2009 that TCM had commissioned for their Summer Under the Stars series. I love this one. I has that sense of terror to it but it's simple in design without being boring. I also love the contrast in color.

So what do you think? Which poster connects with you more?

No comments:

Post a Comment