Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Mailbox Monday for 10/19/2009


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

A bit of news on how I'm changing Mailbox Monday. I'm no longer going to provide links to books themselves. Most of the time they end up as broken links and don't work anyway plus I don't want anyone to think I'm working with/for the websites I link to. I'm also going to start including any CDs or DVDs I acquire during the week as well.

So with no further delay I present my acquisitions from last week.

First up are the two books I won from Kristen at Bookworming in the 21st Century.

I received the teachers edition of A Long Way from Chicago and A Year Down Under by Richard Peck in one volume.

And a ARC of Posh and Prejudice: A Diary of Chav Novel by Grace Dent.

I also received a bound galley of Primitive by Mark Nykanen from Bell Bridge Books during a BBAW giveaway.

Next up are the books I purchased from a used book store. I was in the mood for vampires so I bought 4 vampire novels.

Clan Novel: Gangrel by Gherbod Fleming in paperback

Clan Novel: Setite by Kathleen Ryan in paperback

Bound In Blood by David Thomas Lord in trade paperback

Desmond by Ulysses G. Dietz in trade paperback

I made a trip to the Dollar Tree Store and picked up The Righteous Men by Sam Bourne in hardcover for a $1.

Saturday night after work I went to Barnes & Noble to renew my membership and I ended up walking out with three books.

A paperback of The Secret of Chimneys by Agatha Christie

A hardcover of Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan off the bargain table

My first Torchwood novel (I've been missing Captain Jack) Something in the Water by Trevor Baxendale in hardcover.

On my trip to Wal Mart I picked up the DVD of the 1980 version of Prom Night starring Jamie Lee Curtis for $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment