Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Say It Isn't So Donna


When you live in DC, and are involved in advocacy, it's inevitable you will cross paths with other advocates. Over the years I've crossed paths with Donna Brazile a number of times. I've found her to be a straight talker -- not in a "McSame" way, but in a way you can trust. And that is why this post is so distressing to me.

A young woman from Ohio sent an email to Brazile, urging her to use her influence as a member of the Rules Committee, to seat the MI and FL delegates. It's a sentiment, as a former Florida resident, I support.

And while the letter might not have been as "politically correct" as it could have been, it certainly came across as respectful and sincere. So how did Brazile respond? Before I post the message let me say again that if this is indeed Donna's response I find it very distressing.

From: "Donna Brazile" Add Mobile Alert
To: xxxxxxxxx
Subject:

RE: This Race
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 07:58:35 -0400

Thanks Natalie,

As of today, I am not going to respond to any more anti American, Anti Democratic emails. Have a nice day.

I am sorry because you are sincere, but the Hillary forces are uncivil, repugnant and vile. When you come up for air and would like to email a person who cares about America and not just a personality, I will respond.

Thanks for your time and your interest.

Donna
Please go read the message from Natalie and let me know if you think this was an appropriate response.

No comments:

Post a Comment