Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Almost Heaven

No, I haven't moved to West Virginia, but I did just step out of my new little hot tub. Gee, if I'd known it would be this relaxing I would have gotten one a long time ago.

I'm taking an extended vacation, and made an executive decision that instead of going somewhere exotic, I'd just bring what I most look forward to while I'm on vacation to me instead.

I've recently spent a lot of time and money renovating my home, and it's very comfortable being here. My job involves a lot of travel, so for me it doesn't really seem like a vacation to pack a bag and get on an airplane.

So for about half what I would have spent on airfare and hotel costs I purchased a portable hot tub. The other advantage is that for not a lot of money I get to test whether or not I would actually use one, if I had a more permanent set up.

Well, based on the test run just complete, it was definitely money well spent.

The dogs were playing in the backyard, I was watching a movie on the television in my back room (former storage area, now comfortable living space), while the water bubbled around me and I hadn't packed a single bag ... sigh ... it was heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment