Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Molting of old ideas

"What the heck is going on?"
Well, a lot of things changed over the weekend. The Corolla fell through (the credit union wouldn't loan me enough to pay what the dealer wanted, because their price was too far over NADA value). So the wings are still in a state of flux. However, I've got a line on some other cars at another dealer near here, so things are still moving in a forwardly direction (sorta).

Saturday and Sunday, I helped my friends Niki and Ian move from their apartment in Bellefonte into their new home in Tyrone, 45 minutes away from work. We were all exhausted, as the August heat has come back in full force. Still--we're moved in, and I have my own room and stuff. I get to hang out with them and their 10-month-old little girl baby, Sidney (aka Beanie), too:We're all riding into town together for work, so for the moment I have a nest to squat in (like a brown-headed cowbird egg), and I can get to work.

However, because the car fell through, and because I was freaked out of my gourd at the thought of having to figure out how to get to class AND how to learn all that crazy shite, I dropped my chem class. It was just too much. Next semester, I'll take the lower-level chemistry 108, in which I'll learn all the crazy shite I would need for Chem 110. Kinda disappointing, but it's also a RELIEF. It would've been too much to deal with this semester.

So I'm still looking at cars, and I'm supposed to go look at my new little nesting site tomorrow (I hope). Then (I hope) I'll move in there this weekend and finally get Niblet, and then set about preening my feathers and tidying my own little nest box.

Breeding, however, is OUT OF THE QUESTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment