Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kick Ass Bloggers Unite!

I've never attended Catholic school, but should that ever happen I hope my teacher is "Sister" Mary Ellen. I'm so honored to have been selected by you as a "Kick Ass Blogger!" Thank you!


Mary Ellen, who blogs at Bad Habit, is a frequent Yikes visitor and always has kick ass comments to share! So following her lead, here is how the Kick Ass Blogger award works:

Do you know any bloggers that kick ass?

Maybe they’ve got incredible, original content. Or they’re overflowing with creativity. Is it someone that helps you become a better blogger? Or a bloggy friend you know you can count on? Or maybe it’s someone who simply inspires you to be a better person… or someone else who sends you to the floor, laughing your ass off.

Whatever the reason may be, I’m sure you know at least a couple of bloggers that kick ass. Well… why not tell ‘em so?

1) Choose five other bloggers that you feel are “Kick Ass Bloggers”
2) Let them know that they have received an award.
3) Link back to both the person who awarded you and also to http://www.mammadawg.com/
4) Visit the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky and leave a comment.

Here’s my list of kick ass bloggers:

DCup at Politits has some great stuff up, and her writing style is excellent. She really brings her readers in and makes us feel like part of the family. Like all of us, they have had their share of challenges, but at the end of the day you know this is a strong, loving family -- and who wouldn't want to be part of that!

One of my favorite feminist bloggers is egalia at Tennessee Guerilla Women. I've been hoping for years that she would add Yikes to TGW's blog roll, because I really love her fierce, kick ass blog!

Another favorite feminist blog is Shakesville. I like the whole gang, so it would be hard to single out just one blogger from this group blog. They take on the establishment, the patriarchy, and other progressives when needed.

Another great blogger, and someone I always feel has my back, is SueJ at Nailing Jello to the Wall. Sue and I share a lot of common interests -- women's rights, LGBT civil rights, and we both supported Hillary Clinton ... even during the tough times.

And just so this isn't an estrogen fest, I'd like to list a few men who are not only kick ass bloggers, but good friends: MWB at The Canary Sings, Dean Wormer at The Dean's Office, Tengrain at Mock, Paper, Scissors, and Dr. Zaius at Zaius Nation. I stand in awe of their creativity.

UPDATE: thanks to Boxer, at Boxer Rebellion, for the honor as well!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment