Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Female singers voting report

If you haven't noticed the poll in my sidebar, please check it out. I was curious to find out people's opinions on who the best female singer (in English, anyway) is.

Many of my favorites didn't even make the final four--Alison Krauss, Joni Mitchell, Sinead O'Connor, Chrissie Hynde, to name a few.

The leader for pretty much the whole contest has been the First Lady of Song, Ella Fitzgerald, with seven votes.
This isn't surprising--she sang forever, and she sang like no one else. She could sing anything and make it her own.

Tied for second are the two Joans: Joan Baez and Barbra Joan Streisand.I never knew Baez had such a strong following! I always figured Judy Collins or Joni Mitchell (what's with all the Js?) would've come out as the strongest singer of that era of musical history. But hey--what do I know? I don't know that I've ever even heard Baez sing. Maybe I'll get over to YouTube and give her a listen.

In last place we find... Celine Dion; I can't say I'm disappointed by her performance! She only got in by virtue of getting two votes where others had gotten only one each, but that's not to say that one or both of those two votes wasn't a joke-vote!

Please let me know in the comments if there's someone else you'd like to see take over Dion's slot in the final four. Our judges will certainly consider the voices of the people in making their decision!

So vote now, vote often!

No comments:

Post a Comment