Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Weird feelings

This post is "apropos of nothing," to quote the great Stephen Crane in his wonderful short story "The Open Boat," but have you ever been overcome by a sense of doom I can't really explain it too well, but I was just seized with this strong sense that something somewhere is just not right. The feeling is so strong that it's manifesting itself physically: my scalp feels very hot and prickly for no reason. I'm inside, in an air-conditioned building, so there's no excuse for this weird hotness (unless I'm having a hot flash -- I mean, I am 43 now).

Has this ever happened to you? Maybe I should call Kat. And my mother.

It's really strange, and I just wanted to see whether this happened to anyone else. Pardon the interruption in my otherwise birdly blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment