Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cape May Revised REVISED wish list!

First order of business is to announce that my friend Niki just had her first baby, a little girl named Sidney Lorelai. Mommy and Baby are healthy and well, and Daddy's happy as a clam. Whew! Of course, now I’m all alone at work for the next six weeks with no one to email back and forth with… ugh. Still--congratulations, friend!

Back to the birds: I got an email this morning from Laura H in NJ; seems a Jersey listserver was in Cape May and got the birding experience of a lifetime! Look at these birds:
Northern gannet
Little blue heron
Swainson’s hawk
Parasitic Jaeger
Yellow-bellied sapsucker
Western Kingbird
Eastern kingbird
Blue-headed vireo
Eastern meadowlark
Long-Billed Dowitcher
Short-Billed Dowitcher,
Pectoral, Dunlin and Stilt Sandpiper.
Brown Creeper
Vesper Sparrow
Clay-Colored Sparrow
Field Sparrow
American Tree sparrow
Ruby and Golden Crowned Kinglets
Black Throated Blue Warbler
Black Throated Green Warbler
American Pipits
Wilson's Snipe
Merlin
Red-shouldered hawk
Broad-winged hawk
Pied-bill Grebe

Almost all of these would be lifers for me! We can only hope we get half as lucky this weekend, and that my eyes are sharp enough to catch all these birds. Now I’m panicking—I need to study my field guides! I’m freakin' out!

I can’t believe I’m leaving tomorrow. It seemed like time was going so slowly, and now it’s flying by. I have to pack tonight because I’m leaving directly from work tomorrow. My tummy is starting to get all nervous and hurty now. I hope I don’t forget anything.

I’d better go check my packing lists again….

No comments:

Post a Comment