Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Braco

Braco is "officially" 11 years old today. She is my oldest, and most beloved dog. Yes, the other two have accepted that I love her most. You see love is a wonderful thing ... you always have enough for everyone!

Braco has had a tough couple of years, and she is not completely out of the woods -- but she is doing much better.

The picture at the top is how she looks now. I love her beautiful coat, it's so soft. And I love her coloring, she is just a gorgeous dog.

The picture to the right was taken about a year ago, when the vet was still trying to find out what was wrong. Her coat was so thin she was almost bald in spots -- and I was really worried.

The diagnosis was Cushing's Disease, and she is now on medicine that she will be taking for the rest of her life. Combine the Cushing's with her blindness, and related eye problems, and our counter looks like the local pharmacy.

But I don't mind, if it means I will have her for a few more years. After all, no matter how many other dogs I have Braco will always be "my baby."

Happy Birthday Braco ... and many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment