Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New yardbird, new camera

First things first, I have FINALLY seen a red-breasted nuthatch! The little guy was on the scraggly pine at the back fence. Beautiful! and so much smaller than the white-breasted NU. Lifer! I'm now up to 130 birds, not a lot in comparison to experienced hard-core birders, but not too terrible for a relative beginner. I'm hoping to add quite a few more at Cape May!

Second, the new camera is officially on its way: Kodak Z712 IS, with 12X optical zoom (sweeeet), 7.1 MP, and image stabilization! That part really gets me jazzy. I can't wait for it to get here! I want to learn its every little nuance before the Cape May weekend. Sadly, that means I'm going to have to spend sooooo much time outside, photographing birds and landscapes and leaves and butterflies. That's just too bad....

NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment