Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

freepolls.com discriminates against lesbians

It had been awhile since I'd changed the polling question in the side bar ... so long that I had to pause to remember my account name and password. Anyway, I decided to do something fun ... like ask people how they self identify.

Do you identify as straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual ... or maybe you can't decide, or simply don't want to decide. Then I always toss in an "other" for people who might be confused by the question.

Anyway, when I clicked on the "next" button, this was the screen that came up!


In case you can't read it, the message says: "* We do not allow inappropriate polls"

I tried again, thinking this must be a joke, but I got the same message!

When I removed the word "lesbian" I was allowed to continue on to the part where they give you the HTML code for your blog or web site.

Can you believe it? In 2007 you can't ask in an online free poll whether or not someone is lesbian. This might just be my last freepoll.com ... what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment