Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mailbox Monday for 8/29/11


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books and is being hosted all this month by Staci at Life in the Thumb.


I received a trade paperback of Death of the Mantis by Michael Stanley for an upcoming TLC Book Tour.


I received a hardcover of State Vs. Defense by Stephen Glain for review from PTA.


I received a trade paperback of Unforeseen Fears by William Gruchow from the author for review.


I won an ARC of Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham from Cecelia of The Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia.


I won a hardcover of Crime Fraiche by Alexander Campion from LibraryThing.


A hardcover of The Red House Mystery by A.A. Milne was a surprise delivery from the wonderful Becke of The Mysterious Garden Muse.  She also happens to be the moderator of the Mystery forum on the Barnes & Noble book club site.



On my last trip to Borders, I picked up a trade paperback of The Town That Forgot How to Breathe by Kenneth J. Harvey and a paperback of Wielding a Red Sword by Piers Anthony.



From the Friends of the Library Book Store I picked up two hardcovers for $1 a piece.  I've read Murder at the Library of Congress by Margaret Truman before, but I haven't read Murder on the Potomac.


Last night I stopped into Target to get a few things and found Big Business on DVD for only $2.  


One of my birthday gifts was 4, Beyonce's new CD.  I've never been a big fan of her ballads in the past, but she really impressed me with this one. Of course, the dance songs are up to her usual standards.



No comments:

Post a Comment