Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Why I'm Supporting Hillary

This may be the strongest Democratic field in a long time. Any one of the top three would make a fine president, but here is why I'm supporting Hillary.

In talking about change, Hillary delivered the only applause line of the night. It resonated with women.



I actually applauded this comment: "Words are not action--and as beautifully presented and passionately felt as they are, they are not action. What we've got to do is translate talk into action and feeling into reality. I have a long record of doing that, of taking on the very interests that you have just rightly excoriated because of the overdue influence that they have in our government."



This one made me smile.



And I agree with this observation:
"...the exchange below will reveal if Americans are ready for a woman president. Showing fire when challenged has always been a dividing line for women in leadership roles. Has American grown up? Some will love it and some won't. But it is who she is. Strong. No doubt Chris Matthews and the Hillary haters will judge it otherwise. Women understand it."


In just a few days we will know whether or not the voters in New Hampshire liked these moments as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment