Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Iowa Wait Almost Over

When I think of Iowa the first thing that comes to mind is the song "Iowa Stubborn" from The Music Man.



And every four years, I also think of presidential politics.

I don't remember a time in recent history when Iowa fever has seemed so great. Everyone seems to be talking about Iowa, including some of the presidential candidates who had initially decided to skip the state.

Well, the wait is almost over. Pretty soon the good folks of Iowa will caucus and the next phase of the race will be on!

As I've mentioned earlier, I think campaigning for the 2008 election began so early because people are just sick and tired of George W. Bush and the whole Bush administration. I think given the opportunity to do so, Americans would have voted this past November for a new president, just to end the misery sooner!

For political junkies it's going to be an exciting few weeks with Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, and "Super Tuesday" on February 5. Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment