Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sign of the times?

I just got home from Indiana and thought you all might be interested in this. As some of you know, I was there to attend an AU chapter meeting -- which was great! As I was heading to the airport this morning, I decided to drive thru McDonald's for an egg McMuffin. I know they are bad, but I don't do it often ... and anyway, I was out of town!

So I'm waiting in line and I noticed that a number of people all had the same licence plate. Of course I had to get my camera out to snap a picture.

Some of the folks at the meeting last night had mentioned these, but I guess I hadn't noticed. Suddenly they were everywhere!

I place my order and I'm driving around to the pick up window and I suddenly realized why there might be a plethora of these particular license plates at this McDonald's.

This sign was, as you can see, very prominent at the pick up window.

Now I accept that a business has a right to post a sign like this. The license plate, well I would need more information before I would feel comfortable commenting on that one. It seems there might be a problem with how it was first offered to motorists by the state.

When the plate was first issued people could get it for the same price as the standard plate -- even though other speciality plates cost drivers more.

No comments:

Post a Comment