Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

FeederWatch report, and a long-sought photo

The birds were all over the feeder this morning, and I got some decent shots, considering the dim morning light of a sun hidden by a cotton-batting sky. We got about an inch of snow last night and it's friggin' freezing out there, but that didn't deter my little bubbies from their seed.

Mr Cardinal was looking sharp:


As was Mr House Finch, with some American goldfinch pals:


Mr. WB Nuthatch made a rare stop at the seed feeder in between his suet-pecking, along with some more dusky-suited American goldfinches:


Then it happened: the Carolina wren whose "teakettle-teakettle" calls I hear every morning finally made an appearance!


I've been trying to get a picture (or even a sighting) of this guy all season! Finally he saw fit to pose for me. He even gave me a shot of his 'tocks:


To go with this shot of RT Hawk 'tocks I got last week while birding with Em:


'Tocks all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment