Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

I'm slowly freezing!

Being in Indiana today reminds me why I left ... I'm freezing!!! It's cold, raining and very windy, which is not a fun combination. It's been a bit overcast all day long, which makes the cold weather seem even colder.

I guess I'm just used to all the hot air in Washington, DC! ha

I visited with my sister and niece, in Anderson, most of today. They are going through some tough times right now, which I will not elaborate on here. As I was driving down the interstate on my way back to Indianapolis I kept thinking about our visit. The next thing I realized there were flashing red lights in my view. So I pulled over.

Me: Is there a problem?

Officer: Drivers licence and registration please?

Me: Here's my license, but this is a rental car so I don't have the registration. Did I do something wrong?

Officer: I'll talk with you about that in a moment.

And he walks away to do whatever it is they do when they have your license. I waited, and waited for what seemed like forever. And he finally returned.

Officer: Can you tell me why you were driving 45 mph out here?

Me: I didn't realize I was going so slow ... sorry. I just left my sister, and I was thinking about our visit.

Officer: Well, I'm only going to give you a warning, but you'd better drive a little faster or you might get hit. I'm just looking out for your well being, ma'am.

Geezzz .... 45mph ... ma'am ... I must be getting old!

I told my cousin what happened when I got back to his house and the first thing he said was "don't tell anybody. It makes you sound like you're 90!"

With the weather as cold as it is, I certainly do feel 90 tonight! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment