Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Julie London Does Christmas (Plus Guest Post News)


Julie London is still probably one of my favorite singers and actresses of all time.  She was gorgeous and had one of those voices that seduced you from the get go.  I thought I would share some of my favorite Christmas songs that she made all her own.  On a side note, speaking of Christmas music, I have a guest post over at The Christmas Spirit talking about some of my favorite Christmas songs that don't get the radio play they deserve.  So please stop by and tell Michelle hi.

First up is "Warm December".  It was the first Christmas song I ever heard from her and it almost made me wish I was straight.


"I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm" is normally done in an uptempo style that sounds more fun than sexy.  When Julie London does it, it's slow, seductive, and sexy!


On her version of "I'd Like You For Christmas" she manages to make it both seductive and sad at the same time.  There is such a forlorn quality to her voice on this one that it's thought provoking, thoughts that are dictated by my mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment