Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Squander Time




Hospital waiting room. Blocks of time and nowhere to go. Killing time. Should be writing, but can't
concentrate. Everyone stacked and racked in chairs is a story, has a story, and is awaiting a happy ending. I took notes on expectant faces - ultimately grinning from relief, or crumpled in grief.
Family members leafed
lackadais-
ically
through magazines, or read book pages
without
comprehen-
sion.
I kept my journal open and remembering fields of colors - gorgeous flowers from the aboretum -attempted to turn a phrase or create a happier place.
Surely a poem would erupt from my brain onto the page inspired by the plant name Poet's Laurel.


Alas, I sqandered time. It was there ... the clock ticking on the wall, the butt in the chair, the paper, and the pen.

But, at least, I got to smile at good news and now the fingers fly across the keyboard -free from worry, and eager to capture a few memorable characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment