Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Favorite Fictional Charcter --- Brainy Smurf


Growing up a know-it-all kid who argued with the adults about stuff I thought I knew more about than I did, made me empathize with Brainy Smurf more than I would ever care to admit.

Brainy is that guy who can never be wrong and would never dream of giving someone else credit for being smarter than him.  He thinks he knows everything and has written many books on just about every subject you can imagine, including how to give birth (it's in the youtube video at the end of this post).  The funny thing is he actually ends up being right sometimes but is so obnoxious in the way he presents himself, nobody is willing to listen.

Brainy for me was that inner nerd that always felt wronged by those who were more popular.  He was that part of me who hid behind my "brains" because I didn't know how else to deal with people at first.  He was that part of me, that as I aged, I slowly grew out of but never totally let go of.

No comments:

Post a Comment