Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

12 hours to go ...

... until this reign of terror comes to an end. And how fitting that Cheney will be attending the inauguration in a wheel chair ... all the better to transport him directly to jail! Do not pass "GO" and do not collect $200 (billion) dollars. You have stolen enough!

As regular readers know, I was not an Obama supporter during the primaries. And while I am very excited at the thought of George W. Bush leaving office, I must confess that I will be watching the festivities later today with somewhat mixed emotions.

Barack Obama is growing on me, and I think he is a vast improvement over Bush -- but I can't help but wonder how long it will be before we get to celebrate the inauguration of our first woman president. 18 million of us had hoped this would be the year.

I wish President-elect Obama all the best as he begins to tackle the mess he is inheriting. Times are tough so we all need to be cheering him on.

No comments:

Post a Comment