Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Welcome to the Songstress Dictatorship!

Well, recent polls notwithstanding, I--your own supreme bird leader!--have taken it upon myself to choose the best female singer of all freakin' time! Rejoice with me as I present...


Judy Garland, 1944


WHAT? you ask. We voted! We elected someone else! Judy freakin' Garland didn't even get mentioned, not even once! She didn't make the cut! This is ridiculous! you say, your little fists all balled up at indignity and unfairness of it all.

But I tell you, my little fledglings, my eyes have been opened. I--your fearless and supreme bird leader!--have seen, I--the greatness of me--have heard, and I--the leader of the world!--have decided!

Judy Garland, you little Frances Gumm you -- you are the best singer of all time!Judy singing The Man That Got Away
Judy singing Smile (if you don't cry during this one, you have no soul!)
and of course: Judy singing Over the Rainbow
(Sorry, I can't embed the yootoobes. Such technology is beyond the firewalls your fearless bird leader lives behind while at work.)

Remember, little songbirds: Judy Garland. She's the best. Period.

P.S.--this post composed after reading George Orwell's 1984. Perhaps that had something to do with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment