Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Corporate Welfare

The current financial meltdown just makes me crazy. Shortsighted corporate executives, only interested in making a fast buck, created a house of cards that is now crumbling ... and who will get stuck paying for it all? The American taxpayer.

Let a single mother request assistance with daycare so she can get an education, or keep her minimum wage job, and she is labeled a lazy welfare queen. God forbid an uninsured person get sick and fall on hard times ... their critics will ask why they failed to plan for disaster.

Well why didn't these greedy Executive's plan for disaster?

They stand with their hands out ... expecting taxpayers to tighten our belts once again ... when they are not willing to sacrifice.

I think the CEO of any corporation bailed out by the government should not only forfeit their current salary and benefits, but be forced to pay the government a percentage of their earnings over the past decade. When are these people every going to be held accountable?

I was a business owner for seven years, and during that time there were good and bad years. I made a few mistakes, but when I did I paid for them. No one bailed me out. My biggest mistake, going into partnership with an unscrupulous person, cost me more than $30,000 one year. I tightened my own belt and paid off the debt. It wasn't the fault of my vendors that I chose to go into business with a bum.

The CEO's of these corporations must be held accountable. There should be no golden parachute for any of them. This must be nonnegotiable.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment