Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Around the town, Part 1

Here are some photos from my little walk around downtown Bellefonte on Saturday:

Looking down Allegheny Street from the Brockerhoff House:

The Bellefonte Courthouse (Bellefonte is the county seat):

A really cool architectural feature at the corner of High St and Spring:

The corner of Allegheny and High Street, with another cool little spire thingy:
I'm doubtful that this stone was laid in 1710, but who knows?

It was laid into a stone staircase for this building:

And here's the info on the building; how (or more importantly, WHY) did a women's temperance organization erect a building?
Looking back at the corner of Allegheny and High:

I went into a neat old antique mall that is housed in a former theatre called The Plaza. There were movie posters everywhere--for Doctor Zhivago, Hello Dolly, West Side Story, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. You've all seen those things, so I focused my camera on some other highlights:
The animal kingdom was well represented...
I love that cow

a must-have

Niblet's biography?


...as were the seedier members of our society:
Good lord.

I'm sure Creepy "Uncle" Arthur tells lots of stories to the kiddies while they sit on his lap.

This woman is snorting the aroma right. out. of. the. cup.


There were even some gifts for a certain blogger who's always wanted one of these:


A history book that McFossil is probably in, as he invented the Blackberry and all:


And a photo of a guy who's just had it:


Here's where I'll be on Friday night:

Sadly, this moron will not be there:

I wanted to pull a Matty and spit on the car, but I refrained. (And yes, that's Dr. Matty McMatterson, recent PhD in Social Psych, who spits on cars with offensive bumper stickers on them. What can I tell you? We don't call him the Gay Tasmanian Devil for nothing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment