Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

So Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!


Well today is Sunday, I'll be having lunch with a really good friend of mine that I don't get to hang out with a lot anymore.  She's getting married in August and we both have kids, so family tends to take up the bulk of our time.  After that I may go to a bookstore or just veg on the couch and watch movies.  The best part, I can do whatever I want.  Thankfully though, my good friend Terri of Alexia's Books and Such... has agreed to stop on by and talk about some of her favorite summer songs.  Those songs that just make you think of hot sweaty days and lemonade.  Terri is always adding to my TBR pile and has even "dumped" some of her old book off with me, not that I'm complaining.  She is a great blogger and I would encourage you to go on over and give her a big hello and wish her a great summer.


Please don't tell Ryan, but I'm not really a big fan of summer. It's hot. It's humid. There are bugs. Did I mention that it's hot? I'm more of a spring kind of girl, with the cool breezes and everything reawakening after a long, cold winter.

But one thing that summer has over all the other months is great songs! None of the other seasons have so many great songs dedicated to them, so thought I'd highlight some of my favorites! So here they are, in no particular order, the songs that make summers bearable:


While the original version by The Lovin' Spoonful is good, Joe's version is my favorite! Not a very good video, but every time this song comes on the radio, I crank it up and sing along!


Think Bananarama is the ultimate Summer Girl Group! Love them!


A new addition to my Summer Playlist, but you can't beat Kid Rock!


Summer means that schools out! Woot! Another song I crank up when it comes on the radio!


While it doesn't technically have summer in the title, I don't think that anyone would disagree that this is the ultimate Ode to Summer, what's more summer-y than baseball?

There are so many other great summer songs out there, but I didn't want to go crazy. But what would summer be without "Summer Nights" from Grease, or Mungo Jerry's "In The Summertime"? And I love Bryan Adams "Summer of '69"!

Curious to find out your favorite summer songs that I might have missed - care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment