Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Favorite Fictional Character --- Erica Kane

Maybe it's the fact that the book I just reviewed took place in the wonderfully campy world of soap operas, but when I sat down to do my FFC post this week my mind went directly to the wonderful Erica Kane.

For those of you not familiar with Erica, she is the grand diva of All My Children, which happens to be my favorite soap opera, one that I've been addicted to since I was a kid and my mom would make me watch it with her when I was home sick from school.  She is played by Susan Lucci, who happens to be a fabulous actress that brings to life one of the funnest characters ever created.

Erica has done it all; modeling, acting, TV hosting, Magazine Publishing, Cosmetics mogul, and has been married more times than Elizabeth Taylor.  She is fiercing protective of her family and will do anything, including posing as a nun to get what she wants.  She's not above being dirty and underhanded to reach her goals, but even then her heart is in the right place and it all makes great television.

No comments:

Post a Comment