Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

RGV Trip status: GO!

I've been putting together a trip down to the Rio Grande Valley for January, and I'm deep in the planning stage, getting birding lists, highlighting birding spots, and making reservations! My sister-pal Mary will be joining me on the adventure, and the details are coming together!

Birding lists downloaded into Excel spreadsheets/sorted: CHECK! and CHECK!
Campground reservation process begun: CHECK!
Date selection: CHECK! (no link here--it'll be January 29th-31st)
Birding spot selection: CHECK! and CHECK! and possibly CHECK!
Birding research: CHECK! and more CHECK!
Weather research: CHECK! and a little more CHECK!

So the preliminary steps are completed; I'll be digging up my famous camping checklist, putting the gear together, and all that stuff as we get into January. I'll also keep researching prime spots, adding and removing spots, sorting my checklists, and so forth, all in nervous anticipation of seeing as many South Texas specialties as I can.

Again, any suggestions on where to find the best birds on and around South Padre Island (the Port Isabel end) and the lower Rio Grande Valley (from Harlingen east) would be appreciated, so all you RGV Birding Festival veterans, lemme hear from ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment