Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Feeling better today

This was the only picture I could find online showing George and his gold tooth with his friend Martha. From Blingee--whatever that is. AB only recently introduced me to the greatness that is George and Martha. If you've never read the books, you're missing out!

I'm feeling better today. It was tough getting up this morning, but I made it to work (a bit late) and managed to stay the whole day. The pain has subsided a good bit, and I was able to eat some potato leek soup this evening for dinner. The broth I had last night and at lunch was hardly enough for me! I probably have to keep eating the soft foods another couple of days, but I'm feeling a ton better than I did at this time last night.

I miss my tooth though. It was my favorite tooth. I had a habit of feeling the side of it with my tongue because it was very slick, you know--like a comfort thing. Now it's gone. The big molar on the other side is just as slick but it's not the same. Does anyone else in the world have a favorite tooth?

Meanwhile, I'm trying to look for jobs in the Philly/Baltimore/DC area now. Nothing's happening down here in San Antonio anyway, and if I were to move up that way, I'd be so much closer to AB and to the spring wood warblers I know and love! I'm sure spring migration down here must be amazing, but it's not the same. PA is the last place I called home, and I'd love to get up there again, if only to be with or near AB again.



No comments:

Post a Comment