Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Agatha Christie Challenge --- The Murder on the Links


This was my third book in the challenge and not one I had read before. I must say it's not my favorite. I don't know if I could really even explain why I didn't love it. The writing was good the storyline was believable and the characters were well written. I may be that I haven't been feeling well the last few days and that got in the way of my enjoyment of this mystery.

Now I can't say I hated it either. I think I'm more neutral on it than anything else. I was glad that the third book brought Hercule Poirot back into my life. His methods are always a joy to read.

The highlight for me was Hastings meeting his future wife. It is a relationship that is talked about in future books but it wasn't a relationship I had seen from the beginning. For that reason alone I'm glad I read this book. Dulcie "Cinderella" Duveen was a fascinating character and I'm honored to meet her after all these years.

Synopsis From The Back Cover:

"For God's sake, come!" Unfortunately, by the time Hercule Poirot received Monsieur Renauld's urgent plea, the millionaire was already dead--stabbed in the back, lying in a freshly dug grave on the golf course of his adjoining Merlinville estate. There's no lack of suspects: his wife, whose dagger serves as the weapon; his embittered son, who would have killed for independence; and his mistress, who refused to be ignored--and each felt deserving of the dead man's fortune. The police think they've found the culprit. Poirot has his doubts. A second murder proves him right.

No comments:

Post a Comment