Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

National Conference for Media Reform

The Minneapolis Convention Center is the site of the 2008 National Conference for Media Reform. I'm not sure how many people are registered, but it certainly looks like a lot!

The organization I work for has a table in the exhibitor hall, and I had a few challenges this morning as my material arrived a day late. It was supposed to be here last night, but didn't quite make it, so I only spent about half a day today at the conference.

A number of really nice people stopped by the table. Some were members of the organization and wanted to say hello, others just walked over to thank me for being there. It's gratifying to know how much people really do appreciate us.

I'm hoping to get to a few workshops tomorrow, so should have more to report.

A friend who lives in St. Paul came over and met me for dinner. We ended up at a Code Pink event first, which was quite fun. As we walked to the event I saw another friend from DC, who is in Minneapolis attending a different conference. It's such a small world sometimes!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment