Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

After the flood

Status report:
heater--still working!
washer--still working!
submersible pump--done working!
dryer--still NOT working... I'm hoping there's a reset button someplace...

Here are some photos of the backyard:
This is my backyard, taken through the window of my 2nd story office.


Lake Kimbell next door:


This morning, the water behind my house was frozen white; Lake Kimbell was covered with a skim of ice. No time to take pics, however, as I had to get to work.

Tonight is the big calc quiz. I spent about 2-1/2 hours last night working problems on L'Hospital's Rule, derivatives of inverse trig functions, and definite and indefinite integrals. Between work and class, I'm going to review integration by parts; then I'll be ready. Or as ready as I can be. (Note: This paragraph is dedicated to Matty Boy, Distributorcap, and Mathman--the math geniuses of the blogging world!)

Today, in addition to the red-winged blackbirds, I saw a couple of grackles! Imagine that--being happy to see grackles. No doubt I'll be bitching later when they're eating all my birdseed.

No comments:

Post a Comment