Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Post #175 and a new addition

My new bloggy pal Splotchy has a neat idea: giving starving character actors nice homes by adopting an actor! The mind reels at the possibilities:

1. Natalie Portman? She's cute, she's vegetarian, and I loved her in V for Vendetta. She'd probably love Niblet and the kitties. But she's probably rollin' in dough after the Star Wars movies....

2. Dame Judith Dench?
I loves me some Judy Dench. Wrenching dramatic role? No problem. Whimsical comedy? Easy peasy. Regal royal? P-shaw! Conniving closet case? Been there, done that. Still, perhaps a younger actor might be easier to deal with, someone not quite so set in her ways. I mean, what if she leaves toothpaste in the sink? Who's gonna tell her not to? Not me, sister.

3. I GOT IT: Hugo Weaving! Loved him as the voice of Rex in Babe(one of my favorite movies of all time), adored him as Lord Elrond in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and feared him as Agent Smith in The Matrix. He's the guy!

Now he'll finally have a place to call home, instead of sleeping on the streets or in fleabag motels in between auditions and open calls. No more waiting tables, Hugo! No more insecurity about making rent! You'll have a loving, stable home from which you can jet to NYC or LA for those auditions! Welcome to your new family!

I feel all warm inside, just knowing I've done a good deed and spread some love into a dark and desperate life. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment