Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mailbox Monday for 3/26/12


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books and is being hosted all this month by Diary Of An Eccentric. 




I'm always surprised by the truly nice and genuine people that I have had the privilege of knowing through book blogging.  What I really love is when one of them, who clearly knows your taste in books, emails you and offers you a few books they are sure you will love.  That was the case when Beth of Beth's Book Reviews offered up a few vintage mysteries that she thought I would enjoy.  Needless to say I was a very happy boy when I got the package in the mail, opened it up, and saw what was inside.  She graciously sent a long paperbacks of The Red Lamp by Mary Roberts Rinehart, The Mountain Cat Murders by Rex Stout, and The Silent Speaker by Rex Stout.

 



I'm a very bad young man (okay, maybe not so young man) who has a nasty habit of walking into bookstores and walking out with more books than he should.  I innocently wandered into Barnes & Noble  and let that heady aroma get to into my head.  I did manage to leave the store with only one book in my hand, a trade paperback of Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie.  However, while I was in the store, I ordered three more books for home delivery.  I picked up trade paperbacks of Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes, The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole, and The Monk by Matthew Lewis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment