Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mailbox Monday for 8/23/10


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at The Printed Page and is being hosted by Shanyn of Chick Loves Lit for the entire month of August.


I received Animal, Vegetable, and Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver for an upcoming TLC Book Tour.


I bought Of Saints And Shadows by Christopher Golden in paperback from Barnes & Noble.  It's the reissue of the first book in a series that I love.  I used to own all the books but for some reason got rid of them, maybe lent them out, I don't remember though.  I want to thank Simcha at SFF Chat and Carolyn of Book Chick City for mentioning this release, and reminding me of a great series.  I must say I like the original cover better though, this one is a little generic.



Every time I go to The Dollar Tree I check out the book section since I normally find some great books for only $1 a piece.  I picked up two of this time, both hardcovers.  I had admired Sen. Robert Byrd and was saddened by his passing not to long ago so when I saw his last book (published in 2008) Letter To A New President, I had to pick it up.  I also picked up The Secrets of the Vaulted Sky: Astrology and the Art of Prediction by David Berlinski, which seems to be a history of astrology.



Then from the Friends of the Library Book Store, which I stop in at least once a week, I found two more hardcovers in perfect condition for $2 a piece.  Polgara The Sorceress by David & Lee Eddings and Lord Of Chaos by Robert Jordan, which is book 6 of The Wheel of Time series.  Both of these are rebuys for me and I'm slowly working on replacing all my Wheel of Time books in hardcover, now I only need 3,4,5,7, and the new ones written by Brandon Sanderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment