Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WILSON'S PHALAROPE!

A bunch of people on the local listserv were emailing about a Wilson's Phalarope who's been hanging around the Julian Wetlands near here. Because it was on my way to my sales territory, I stopped there for lunch and saw the bird!

I didn't get pics, but a guy with a Peterson's was also there and he and I patiently observed and confirmed the Wilson's. What a thrill! I also saw and ID'd a Cliff Swallow as my second lifer of the trip.

Woohoo! Not many people will get to see one of these guys (the phalarope, I mean), especially not in PA, so I'm really glad I went and looked.

I also heard a Sora for the first time since I left the Marsh House, which by the way sold recently. I found out today, and I'm a little sad. I really loved that house. Someone's gonna get an awful lot of blood, sweat, tears, and birds out of that place, and I wish them well.

List for Julian Wetlands:
Canada Goose
Mallard
Hooded Merganser
Great Blue Heron
Sora
Greater Yellowlegs
Pectoral Sandpiper
Wilson's Phalarope
Tree Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Red-winged Blackbird

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment