Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Favorite Fictional Characters --- The Thundercats


I'm not feeling well today and for some reason when I'm sick my brain reverts back to my childhood, so here I am blogging about one of my favorite cartoons and it's characters. Growing up I absolutely loved this cartoon. It was a combination of fantasy, scifi, and action; all of which seems like manna from Heaven to a adolescent boy.

The show chronicled, for 4 seasons, the struggles the Thundercats went through after fleeing their home world of Thundera after it was destroyed. Ten years after that destruction they landed on Third Earth where they attempted to rebuild their lives. They were followed there by the evil mutants who were responsible for the destruction of their home world.

When I see DVD collections or watch snippets on youtube, I'm instantly transported back to those years when if I was sick I had my mom there to take care of me. I would curl up on the couch and eat poached eggs (which I don't miss) or soup and crackers. I may just have to relive that aspect of my youth today.

Lion-O is the leader, even though he has a child's mind in an adults body due to the fact his stasis pod broke so his body aged while his mind didn't. He control the Sword of Omens and all the power that entails.

Panthro is the chief mechanic and inventor for the group while also being a fierce warrior. He is the oldest of the group and can be counted on to be there when he is needed.

Tygra is the chief architect and builder for the group and has a sense of integrity and calmness about it. I always loved his whip like weapon the most, I wanted one as a kid.

Cheetara is the lone adult female of the group and is the fastest of them all. Like Tygra, she has mental powers that come in handy and cause her problems all at the same time.

WilyKit and WilyKat were the two annoying kids that never failed to get on my nerves. Not sure why but they reminded me of the kids on your block that are so hyper that you get tired of playing with them pretty quickly.

Snarf is the heart and comic relief of the show. He is a cat like creature that helped raise Lion-O and is so odd and different that you can't help but like him. Though I know a lot of people probably disagree with me on this.

My last message to any Hollywood producers reading this post (like that's going to happen) is this, please make this into a live action movie, stressing the word ACTION. If you do make this into a movie, please don't make a comedy out of it. You guys have already destroyed a lot of my childhood favorites, please don't ruin this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment