Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Family Update

Now that she is getting oxygen 24 hours a day, my sister Jane is starting to look much better. Here she is with Jake, looking quite comfortable in grandma's lap.

Yesterday we visited the Social Security office so that she could apply for disability and then went out to eat. That was the extent of our activity for the day.

Today our cousin Dennis came up from Indianapolis and we walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch. We spent about three hours together, before Jane ran out of steam and needed to go back and rest.

Her home health care person had stopped by earlier to go over her schedule. Jane also made an appointment with her cardiologist for early in January, to find out if she will be able to travel. The doctor will also need to make the arrangements for us if she moves in with me.

I've done as much as I can do until she sees the doctor, so I'm heading back to DC in the morning. I will continue to monitor her from there.

My niece had the day off today, so when Jane woke up from her nap I went over and the three of us spent the evening playing Uno. At one point I found myself looking at the two of them thinking how nice it was to just spend time together, and wondered why we hadn't done this more often in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment