Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Family Gathering


Good can come from a bad situation. Today, my sister and I spent the afternoon with one of our favorite cousins and her husband. It's been at least fifteen years since we have been together. My niece had a good time listening to all of our stories.

It's been a tough few days, so this was a nice break.

My sister has decided she will come live with me, so now we have to go through the process of making that happen. First a doctor needs to let us know if she can travel. We need to make arrangements to have oxygen at my home when we get there, and oxygen for the trip. And we need to make sure her medical coverage will follow her from Indiana to Maryland. Lots of things to do.

Given holiday schedules I don't think we are going to be able to make everything happen before I need to be back in Washington, so I have a plan. I'll drive home and then fly back to get her. A two hour flight to DC should be easier for her than what would surely become a two day drive.

We have a lot to work out.

I also need to make a few adjustments so that she can comfortably live in my basement apartment when she gets there. She agrees that we need to be able to have some space from each other for those times when we will certainly drive each other crazy.

My niece wants to stay in Indiana, so that will be another adjustment for my sister. The two of them have never lived apart. I have a feeling that my niece will eventually end up in Maryland as well, and that would be fine with me.

It's going to be quite a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment