Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Looking to the skies

The skies around the Marsh House have been pretty nice lately, whether they're filled with storm clouds or something else. Here's a couple of things I've seen lately.

The last full moon, known to Native Americans as the Buck Moon:

They called it the buck moon because this is the time of year that male deer are growing their antlers; I read that in The Old Farmer's Almanac.

Does anyone else besides me see Marilyn Monroe's face in the full moon? Someday when I get PhotoShop, I'll layer her photograph over the full moon to show you what I mean. Until then -- anyone? anyone? anyone?

Yesterday afternoon, while I was watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for about the fiftieth time, Emerson called me outside to view a rainbow. Here's the right side, which kinda had a faint double bow:

And this is the left side:

Note the light/dark contrast on either side of the rainbow. It seems like we get a lot of rainbows here in Central PA, and they usually occur in the early evening. Is that true everywhere?

This weekend we're all going camping--the family and Gretchen--so I'm totally pumped to build big roaring fires and go fishing and hiking. I hope it doesn't rain! I'll take lots of pictures so you can feel like you came along too.

No comments:

Post a Comment