Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day-before-the-holiday restlessness

I am soooooo geeked up right now: it's a three-day holiday weekend, we're going to Maryland to see Kat's best friend and her family, AND we're going to see the Chesapeake Bay!

"Restlessness" hardly covers what I'm feeling now, as my legs bounce up and down on my toes at uncontrollable speeds, I'm mainlining coffee (not a good idea, but what the hell), and I'm trying to get all my work done.

While perusing a little "hot all-bird action" over at Birdchick's blog, I found out about something that all beginning birders should strive for: the Bird Author Pose™, inspired by Pete Dunne, gamely copied by Birdchick herself, and unintentionally (and kinda poorly) done by yours truly in Cape May! Thanks to Laura at SomewhereinNJ for taking this photo of the beginning birder:


Note the wind-blown locks, the dorky ID access tag, and the crappy scope and meh-tripod. Beginning to bird indeed! I didn't even do the profile/over-the-shoulder pose, dangit!

I sure hope we get to see some good birds down in Maryland. I'll be sure to take pictures (no, really!).

No comments:

Post a Comment